Tinubu allowed free contest in Osun unlike 2018 Ekiti that was taken from me — Ayo Fayose
Tinubu allowed free contest in Osun unlike 2018 Ekiti that was taken from me — Ayo Fayose
Former Ekiti nation Governor Ayodele Fayose has commended President Bola Tinubu for what he described as his magnanimity at some stage in the August 15 governorship election in Osun kingdom, pronouncing the President should have encouraged the final results if he had chosen to achieve this.
Fayose, but, alleged that the Federal authorities used its power to paintings in opposition to him in the course of the 2018 Ekiti governorship election, claiming that security personnel had been deployed to limit his motion and weaken his campaign quickly earlier than the poll.
the former governor made the feedback during an interview on TVC news, against the backdrop of comments by way of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, that he ought to have helped the All Progressives Congress (APC) win the Osun election if President Tinubu desired victory in any respect charges.
The Osun election used to be gained by using the incumbent governor and Accord candidate, Ademola Adeleke, who polled 511,067 votes to defeat APC candidate Bola Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes.
African Democratic Congress (ADC) candidate Najeem Salaam came 0.33 with 17,a hundred and eighty votes.
Adeleke received in 19 of the kingdom’s 30 nearby authorities regions, while Oyebamiji won eleven.
Fayose said the closeness of the contest confirmed that the election could have gone both method, but praised Adeleke and urged him to be magnanimous in victory.
He brought that the outcome validated that the Federal government had no longer deployed the form of impact he claimed used to be used against him in 2018.
“the sole aspect I heard towards the election was the Federal authorities will take it via force. The Federal authorities has come to do that. I need to mention to you, if the Federal government desires to take a sorting, they may take it. If the Federal government, the ones I recognize of the past, in the event that they want to take a selection, there’s nothing you may do,” Fayose said.
comparing the Osun election with the 2018 Ekiti ballot , Fayose alleged that the situations had been absolutely exclusive.
“let me provide you with an instance. Ekiti used to be taken from me in 2018. by means of all potential feasible. those features did no longer play out in Ede,” he stated.
consistent with him, the authorities residence in Ado Ekiti was once surrounded through safety personnel three days before the election, even as his safety details were withdrawn.
“3 days earlier than my election, the government residence used to be jammed. It was jammed. you could’t communicate to all of us at the cellphone. All my safety info from whatever call you name it, i was left with an order.
all of them have been taken to police headquarters in Ado Ekiti and i used to be left on the sphere for 3 days. that is when you are speakme of federal may,” he alleged.
Fayose in addition alleged that he used to be averted from leaving the government house to participate in a marketing campaign march and was assaulted whilst he resisted the restrict.
“beyond that, 3 days to the election, I wanted to do a march with over 60,000 followers. i was stopped. i used to be stopped via the safety personnel. and i informed them i am the governor of this country. An inspector instructed me, ‘Governor my foot.’ and they avoided me from coming out of the authorities house.
“and that i stated i used to be going to come out at all costs. And to that day, they hit me with the butt of the gun and that i went down. My deputy at the time had the identical revel in,” he alleged.
Fayose stated the incident resulted in injuries that required clinical remedy.
“That was why I had the collar on my neck at the time. I want I had that picture for Nigerians to peer. I had four surgical procedures, four techniques owing to that incident by myself,” he stated.


0 comment